· Quinn Deveaux & the Blue Beat Review will be at the Boathouse Theatre on the South Shore on July 29 at 7:30pm. For more info, go online.
· Barton Health is putting on a talk about robotic surgery on Aug. 6 from 6-7pm at Lake Tahoe Community College’s board room. The talk is free. Bradley Anderson will discuss the potential patient benefits, including less pain, less blood loss, and shorter hospital stays.
· The 13-day Marine light attack helicopter training that was set to begin at Lake Tahoe Airport on July 27 has been canceled.
· The Carson City Mint Coin Show and Fair is Aug. 21-22 at the Nevada State Museum and the Carson Nugget. The fair includes activities for children, prize drawings, lectures, coin sales and free appraisals with admission. Admission is $4 to both sites for one day. The event runs from 9:30am-4:30pm that Saturday and until 4pm on Sunday.
· The Placer County Sheriff’s Office will dedicate the intersection of Elm Avenue and Highway 49 in Auburn to Deputy James Machado on July 23 at 10am. On July 13, 1978, Machado was shot and killed with his own service weapon during a struggle with an escaped mental patient.