Snippets about Lake Tahoe
· The Douglas County Community Health staff urges parents and guardians to take advantage of the back-to-school immunization event on Aug. 11 in Minden. There is also walk-in immunization clinics every Monday afternoon.
· University of Nevada Cooperative Extension presents Noxious Weed Identification and Control on Aug. 8 from noon-1pm at the Washoe County Cooperative Extension Office, 4955 Energy Way in Reno, as part of the Green Industry Continuing Education Series.
· Moises Fonseca is Douglas County Sheriff’s Department’s newest deputy.
· Cassidy Marchini of South Lake Tahoe was selected as a first-year member of the 2018-19 Clippers Spirit, the dance team of the NBA’s L.A. Clippers. The Clippers Spirit is an elite dance team made up of world-class professional dancers.
· El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Explorer POST 457 earned first place for critical incident scenario at the 8th annual Central Valley Explorer Competition on July 13-15.