Fire restrictions go into effect on the Eldorado National Forest on July 14.
Wood and charcoal fires will be restricted to designated recreation sites and other fire related activities will be prohibited until the end of fire season. Gas or propane fires are allowed with a free 2018 California campfire permit.
Fire restrictions mean:
- No wood or charcoal fires are allowed outside of exempted recreation sites even with a valid campfire permit.
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building or exempted recreation site.
- Operating a welding or other torch with an open flame is prohibited.
- Operating an internal combustion engine without a properly operating spark arrestor is prohibited.
- Lanterns and portable stoves using gas, kerosene, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel are allowed with a valid permit.
- Those with a valid 2018 wood cutting permit may cut firewood in compliance with the terms of their permit.
- Motor vehicles are allowed only on designated National Forest System roads, routes, trails and areas.
Questions may be directed to 530.622.5061.