The Nevada Division of State Lands is providing approximately $350,000 to fund various environmental preservation projects in the Lake Tahoe Basin.
The funding is generated through Nevada Lake Tahoe license plate sales and annual renewal fees.
Programs to be funded include:
· Aquatic invasive species surveillance monitoring, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
· Water Trail educational wayfinding interpretive signage, Tahoe Resource Conservation District
· Operational remote sensing to support Lake Tahoe nearshore monitoring, Desert Research Institute
· Aquatic invasive plant control at Elk Point Marina, Tahoe Resource Conservation District
· Outreach and education for the Lake Tahoe shoreline plan, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
· A sustainable method for the rapid assessment of the extent and causes of metaphyton in Lake Tahoe, UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center.