· At the annual USTA Northern California awards banquet in February the most outstanding senior tournament will be awarded to Tahoe Donner 7th annual Senior Tournament and the most outstanding NTRP tournament will go to Tahoe Donner Ninth annual NTRP Tournament. Adult tournament director of the year is Ian Mindell of Truckee.
· Diane Dealey Neill, secretary of the Amador El Dorado Forest Forum and the executive director of Forestry Educators Incorporated, will be the guest speaker at the El Dorado County State of Jefferson meeting Jan. 9 at the American Legion Hall, 4561 Greenstone Road, Placerville. Doors open at 5:30pm and the meeting begins at 6:30pm.
· Dottie Linden, president of the CFRW Northern Division, will speak to the South Lake Tahoe Republican Women about the 2018 elections on Jan. 9 at 11:30am at the Cantina on Emerald Bay Road. Cost is $15, which includes lunch.
· Here is the Sierra roadwork schedule from Caltrans for next week.
· Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District is hosting a blood drive Jan. 9 from 11:am-5:30pm at the Elks Point Road station. Call 755.588.3591 to make an appointment.