· Meyers tree lighting and the arrival of Santa via Calstar will be Dec. 1, 5-7pm in the Divided Sky/Downtown Café parking lot.
· The North Lake Tahoe-Truckee Leadership Program is accepting applications for the 2018 program through Dec. 1. Applications are available online.
· Bijou Bike Park in South Lake Tahoe is closed for the season.
· Tahoe Institute for Natural Science we will be hosting another birding big year in 2018. Registration opens Dec. 1.
· Barton Foundation’s inaugural volunteer of the year award went to Marsha Ticas. She has volunteered hundreds of hours and was instrumental in implementing the mental health kiosks in key South Lake Tahoe locations that provide education and resources to people in need of services.