· South Tahoe High and South Tahoe Middle schools have been revalidated AVID National Demonstration Schools, a status each site has achieved since 2000 and 2001, respectively.
· El Dorado County Fair received five first place, three second place and three third place awards at the Western Fairs Association’s Convention & Trade Show.
· Douglas County Public Library in Minden will be closed Feb. 20 in observance of Presidents Day.
· Northstar’s master plan will be before the Placer County supervisors on Feb. 21. The meeting is in Auburn.
· The 8th annual Kid-O-Rama returns to Squaw Valley on Feb. 18-25. All the details are available online.