Snippets about Lake Tahoe
• Squaw Valley has entered a partnership with Snow Park Technologies with the intention of placing the resort’s terrain parks and half-pipe among the top in North America within the next few years.
• The Tahoe Expo is Sept. 10.
• A group of Incline Village residents is posting photos on Facebook of businesses with dumpsters that are accessible to bears. Do a search on Lake Tahoe Wall of Shame on FB to see what they have to say.
• A tourist thinks he found the Virgin Mary in Lake Tahoe. Click here for that story.
• Vail-based Rocky Mountain Vacation Rentals is on Inc. magazine’s 500/5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. The 13-year-old concierge and real estate services company plans to expand into Lake Tahoe in 2012.
The Wall of Shame is a fabulous idea! Too bad it’s on Facebook, since some of us decline to participate in Facebook, but I approve of the concept!
Keep bears wild!
Hey LTN, why don’t you set up your own wall of shame? And it’s not just the businesses, why isn’t there strict enforcement of the trash laws?
The “enforcers” of trash laws should have a web page where people could upload photos and addresses of violators as well. Don’t they want to know where there are problem dumpsters?