A panel of experts will lead a discussion Sept. 13 about concussions.
The free talk will be from 6-7pm in the board room at Lake Tahoe Community College.
Panelists include Terry Orr with Tahoe Center for Orthopedics, athletic trainer Jeremy Vandehurst, doctor Tracy Protell, and speech therapists Susanne Bull and Traci Fogliani.
This will be an opportunity to learn more about:
- Facts, symptoms, research and statistics on concussions
- What to expect when being seen in the primary care office for treatment
- How speech therapy is involved
- Activities of daily living modifications and returning to work
- Returning to sports with an athletic trainer.