By Jessie Bekker Las Vegas Review-Journal
Deanna Goble leaves the holiday decorating to the professionals every year.
“None of us want to climb up this ladder and go around, for one. Two, we don’t really know how,” said Goble, a long-time Las Vegas resident.
But when she forgot to ask them to wrap baby palm trees in her front yard with lights, she figured she could do it herself.
Big mistake. When she came out with cuts that stung with the palm trees’ juices, she decided: “Forget it.”
Her injuries were surface level, but about 14,900 Americans landed in emergency rooms last year after decorating for the holidays, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reported.