· Brian Hogan is the newest board member for Lake Valley Fire Protection District. He will be filling the seat vacated by Robert Rossi.
· Veterans Healing Camp is having a flag raising ceremony Nov. 18 from noon to 3pm at the camp; 1775 East Highway 50 in Silver Springs.
· Douglas County libraries in Minden and Zephyr Cove will be closed Nov. 23-24.
· The National Commission on Correctional Health Care awarded Douglas County Sheriff’s Office custodial facility of the year. This is out of more than 500 jails and prisons across the nation.
· Tahoe City Rotarians planted 240 sugar pine seedlings near the Granlibakken ropes course.