· Truckee Town Council on Oct. 20 will review a proposal to use funds generated by SB1 for the 2018 slurry seal project.
· Nevada Chapter of the American Planning Association recognized the Tahoe-Truckee Plug-In Electric Vehicle Readiness Plan with awards for most outstanding plan and most outstanding public outreach. The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency and Truckee Donner Public Utility District released the plug-in electric vehicle plan earlier this year.
· Kiplinger’s annual list of most and least tax friendly states has Nevada as fifth friendliest and California eighth most unfriendly.
· Douglas County libraries in Minden and Zephyr Cove will be closed Oct. 16-18 for the Nevada Library Association and Mountain Plains Library Association Joint Conference.
· TRYP will host a mixer Oct. 11 from 6-9pm at Lake Tahoe Pizza Co. in South Lake Tahoe. One free drink and complimentary pizza will be provided. Another mixer will be Oct. 17 from 5:30-8:30pm at Gar Woods in Carnelian Bay. One free drink and complimentary appetizers will be provided. Attendance is free for members and $10 for non-members.