· Chris Croft is leaving Tahoe Youth & Family Services effective Nov. 15. The interim executive director will be Virginia Berry.
· Camp Rich isn’t the only place people don’t like the new light system. Check out this story.
· El Dorado County Senior Legal Services reps will present on issues regarding scams directed toward seniors and how to prevent loved one from being abused financially by these scam artists. It will be Oct. 9 from 1-3pm at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel in South Lake Tahoe. It is free.
· Tahoe Donner PUD and the Truckee Hometown Sears have partnered to promote recycling of older, working refrigerators. The $30 rebate applies to every qualifying refrigerator. To schedule the pick-up, call 530.550.0110; for info on the rebate, call 530.582.3931.
· The women’s cancer support group meets Sept. 26 and Oct. 26, 6-7pm in the board room at Barton Memorial Hospital.