· Douglas County Democrats monthly meeting will be Sept. 28 at 7pm at Democratic Headquarters, 1513 Highway 395 N. in Gardnerville. The business meeting will be preceded by a social at 6:30pm. For more info, call 775.783.1903.
· A new affordable housing development with up to 80 units is being considered as part of a reimagining of the Placer County government center campus in north Auburn.
· Diamond Peak Ski Resort has hired Matt Melilli to be slope maintenance manager and Tim Hay as the assistant slope maintenance manager.
· Hard Rock Lake Tahoe in August installed 14 Tesla superchargers.
· Scifi-Fantasy Con 2017 comes to Hard Rock Lake Tahoe on Sept. 29-30. Tickets for a day pass are $12.50, weekend tickets are $20 and the Friday night mixer is $50.