· The South Lake Tahoe City Council will have a regular meeting Aug. 15, and then have a meeting Aug. 29 dedicated to marijuana.
· On July 18, members of the Meyers California Highway Patrol office, South Lake Tahoe Police Department and El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office will host Coffee with a Cop from 9-11am at the Starbucks at the Y.
· Whole Foods Market’s 45 stores in Northern California and Reno will donate 5 percent of its sales on July 26 to fund entrepreneurship grants for a select group of small businesses in the region. Tahoe Trail Bar is one of the organizations.
· Cherie Kagan, one of El Dorado County court’s child custody recommending counselors (formerly known as mediators), has been honored with the court staff award by the Family Law Executive Committee of the California State Bar.
· Douglas County Public Library Foundation and the Friends of the Douglas County Public Library are having a mini book sale July 24 from 10am-6pm at the Douglas County Community and Senior Center, 1329 Waterloo Lane in Gardnerville.