El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health Division will begin conducting low-cost community flu vaccination clinics on Sept. 26, with additional clinics offered through mid-November. The seasonal influenza vaccine will be available in nasal mist and flu shot forms at the clinics.
“Everyone 6 months of age or older should get vaccinated against the flu annually for the best protection,” Lynnan Svensson, supervising Public Health nurse with the Public Health Division, said in a press release. “High-risk individuals, such as children under age 5, people 65 years and older, pregnant women and people with chronic diseases like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease are especially encouraged to be vaccinated. In addition, it is extremely important for health care workers and those individuals taking care of these high-risk persons to be immunized.”
The cost of the vaccine is $10, but no one will be denied service due to inability to pay; cash or check accepted. Parents should bring their child’s immunization records.
Updated information on the community flu clinics will be posted online and on the County Flu Hotline at (530) 621.6188.
South Lake Tahoe clinics:
• Sept. 26 through Nov. 14 from 9:30am to 12:30pm at the Senior Center, 3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd. No clinic on Oct. 17.
• Oct. 17 from noon-6pm at Bijou School, 3501 Spruce Ave., Teachers Lounge.
• Oct. 24 from 3-6pm at Lake Tahoe Airport.
West Slope Community clinics:
• Sept. 26 from 1-4pm at the Georgetown Fire Station, 6281 Main St.
• Sept. 27 from 12:30-3:30pm at the El Dorado Hills Senior Center, 990 Lassen Lane, in the Small Game Room.
• Oct. 3 from 10am-1pm at Pioneer Park, 6740 Fairplay, Somerset.
• Oct. 3 from 1-4pm at the Garden Valley Fire Station, 4860 Marshall Road.
• Oct. 9 from 1:30-4:30pm at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Organ Room, Placerville.
• Oct. 13 from 10am-1pm at the Divide Wellness Center, 6065 Highway 193, Georgetown.
• Oct. 18 from 1:30-4:30pm at the Cameron Park Fire Station, 3200 Country Club Drive.
• Oct. 24 from 2-4pm at the Community Church, 5061 Sciaroni Road, Grizzly Flats.
• Oct. 25 from 1:30-4:30pm at the Community Church, 6361 Pony Express Trail, in the Evergreen Room, Pollock Pines.
• Nov. 1 from 1-4pm at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Pavilion, Placerville. Drive through clinic.
• Nov. 6 from 12:30-3pm at the Mother Lode Lions Hall, 4701 Missouri Flat Road, Diamond Springs.